Subject: bug#58892: 29.0.50; [PATCH] eglot-manual: Open the local info documentation

From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 14:32:39 +0100

Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:

>> From: Felician Nemeth <[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 10:05:25 +0100
>> 
>> Eglot now has a beautiful documentation in info format.  This patch
>> let the user open it from Eglot's menu.
>> 
>> BTW, the menu is the mode-line and I think it cannot be accessed using
>> only the keyboard.  Would it make sense to put this menu in the "Tools"
>> part of the menu-bar as well?
>
> I'm unsure about any of this.  We don't do anything like that for any
> other mode, AFAIR.  And Eglot's main features are already mentioned in
> short in the Emacs user manual.

Currently, Eglot has a menu item that opens
https://github.com/joaotavora/eglot#readme.  I think opening that URL
doesn't make sense anymore since eglot.texi is the primary source of the
documentation.   Is it OK then to remove this menu item?

It seems I couldn't clearly articulate my other suggestion.  When I
write this reply I can click on the mode-line to open message-mode-menu,
but this menu is also available from the menu bar.  I'd tried to suggest
something similar to Eglot.

(The last item in message-mode-menu is "Message manual", so there is
prior art to what the patch of this bug report tries to achieve.)