Subject: Re: bug#58865: 29.0.50; Warnings when compiling net/dbus.el

From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 17:04:20 +0200

Arash Esbati <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi all,

Hi Arash,

> building Emacs from master (f826f56a41) issues this warning:
>
>   In dbus-register-signal:
>   net/dbus.el:842:16: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'
>
>   In dbus-check-event:
>   net/dbus.el:1073:9: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'
>
>   In dbus-handle-event:
>   net/dbus.el:1160:47: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'
>   net/dbus.el:1283:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
>   net/dbus.el:1295:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
>   net/dbus.el:1311:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
>   net/dbus.el:1320:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
>   net/dbus.el:1394:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
>   net/dbus.el:1631:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
>   net/dbus.el:1891:18: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
>     ELC      net/dns.elc
>
>   In dbus-register-monitor:
>   net/dbus.el:2032:11: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'
>
>   In dbus--init:
>   net/dbus.el:2255:8: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'

Doesn't happen here. Is it reproducible with "make bootstrap"?

> Best, Arash

Best regards, Michael.