Subject: bug#58865: 29.0.50; Warnings when compiling net/dbus.el

From: Arash Esbati <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 14:02:25 +0200

Hi all,

building Emacs from master (f826f56a41) issues this warning:

  In dbus-register-signal:
  net/dbus.el:842:16: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'

  In dbus-check-event:
  net/dbus.el:1073:9: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'

  In dbus-handle-event:
  net/dbus.el:1160:47: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'
  net/dbus.el:1283:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
  net/dbus.el:1295:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
  net/dbus.el:1311:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
  net/dbus.el:1320:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
  net/dbus.el:1394:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
  net/dbus.el:1631:9: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
  net/dbus.el:1891:18: Warning: Variable `dbus-debug' left uninitialized
    ELC      net/dns.elc

  In dbus-register-monitor:
  net/dbus.el:2032:11: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'

  In dbus--init:
  net/dbus.el:2255:8: Warning: reference to free variable `dbus-debug'

Best, Arash