Subject: bug#58839: [Patch] Re: bug#58839: 29.0.50; project-kill-buffer fails when Eglot is running

From: Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2022 17:58:18 +0200

On 30.10.2022 08:28, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> Cc: Manuel Uberti<[email-masked]>,[email-masked],
>>   Dmitry Gutov<[email-masked]>
>> From: João Távora<[email-masked]>
>> Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 23:49:01 +0100
>>
>> Have you considered the converse approach which is to be conservative?
>> It doesn't have these drawbacks.  In your project buffer's bucket put
>> only non-earmuffed, non-hidden, file-visiting buffers automatically.
>> Those are relatively safe.  Then have a buffer-local variable for
>> packages to opt into -- not opt out of -- your scheme.
> I believe I made a similar argument with Dmitry back when project.el
> was added to Emacs.  Dmitry didn't like my suggestion back then, and I
> have doubts that he changed his mind.

Do you have a link to that message? Details matter.

Anyway, if we do decide to flip the switch, it should be through 
project-kill-buffer-conditions, so the user can make a different choice 
through customization.

So far we have 2:1 votes against that, though.