Subject: bug#58839: [Patch] Re: bug#58839: 29.0.50; project-kill-buffer fails when Eglot is running

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 12:12:22 +0100

On Sat, Oct 29, 2022 at 11:59 AM Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> wrote:

> On 29.10.2022 09:38, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
> >>                                             But if it were to work for
> >> several projects at the same time, I suppose I could say it doesn't
> >> belong to any particular one.
> > In that case I think a kind of "project reference counter" should ensure
> > that the server is only then killed when the last project using it is
> > killed (and the right user options are set).
>
> I suppose. But that kind of arrangement would require a project-specific
> hook.
>

There isn't any one-to-many correspondence between LSP servers
and projects. I don't envision adding that to Eglot anytime soon: it seems
completely useless. So what problem are you even solving with this
"reference counter" talk?

João