Subject: bug#58839: [Patch] Re: bug#58839: 29.0.50; project-kill-buffer fails when Eglot is running

From: Philip Kaludercic <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2022 06:38:09 +0000

Dmitry Gutov <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If you agree that
>> there are such cases, then it should become clear that the buffer in
>> question must be at the top of that list.
>
> I'm not sure. Intuitively, I'd say that this buffer belongs to the
> project because it "services" the project. 

This is my perspective too.  I am under the impression that João or
looking at this from a too technical perspective, and is missing the way
users perceive the situation.

If it is currently not possible, then this is an issue not an excuse
that we should tackle.  IMO having Eglot integrate with project.el ought
to be fine, since project is an Eglot dependency.

>                                            But if it were to work for
> several projects at the same time, I suppose I could say it doesn't
> belong to any particular one.

In that case I think a kind of "project reference counter" should ensure
that the server is only then killed when the last project using it is
killed (and the right user options are set).

(Btw., the tone of this discussion is a bit unpleasant, could we try and
focus on the issue at hand and do our best to understand each other?)