Subject: pull failed on Debian bullseye

From: Kristian Nygaard Jensen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 12:34:03 +0200

hint: Consider installing the `glibc-utf8-locales' or `glibc-locales' 
package and
defining `GUIX_LOCPATH', along these lines:

      guix install glibc-utf8-locales
      export GUIX_LOCPATH="$HOME/.guix-profile/lib/locale"

See the "Application Setup" section in the manual, for more info.

Updating channel 'guix' from Git repository at 
'https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git'...
Authenticating channel 'guix', commits 9edb3f6 to 95d44c0 (26,769 new 
commits)...
Building from this channel:
   guix      https://git.savannah.gnu.org/git/guix.git    95d44c0
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
substitute: updating substitutes from 'https://ci.guix.gnu.org'... 100.0%
building /gnu/store/sflmgcfcdwizj7iyd3pfksdvrkc3pskb-config.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/7k17dvmcrdicjsdxmpvhss4p3i3d70j5-git.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/j9s3n7iqvh8pqkxkwy91nq3qynr1nby7-hash.scm.drv...
building /gnu/store/a9pyc6s8wk3y8lglvdca4azs6s3j608m-module-import.drv...
building /gnu/store/r857iy1wyhrigmgxv5m3cx344sngzzdd-module-import.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/7f9m50by35nrvk7hbln6m79xzydjz0yn-module-import-compiled.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/142ffhlv13lajan1f82fskb5aj9nf4ks-module-import-compiled.drv...
building 
/gnu/store/j68lg4zxlanqrd5hbkzixh1d7jmw6i1r-compute-guix-derivation.drv...
Computing Guix derivation for 'x86_64-linux'... -Backtrace:
           13 (primitive-load 
"/gnu/store/42s1sikdv0xhv3rxshks8bz4f05a3jg7-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     155:9 12 (_ _)
     159:9 11 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> 
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
     152:2  9 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2170:24  8 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7fabbe080140> _ 
#:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
    1998:8  7 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    299:22  6 (_ _)
    1180:2  5 (_ _)
    1046:2  4 (_ _)
     892:4  3 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2055:12  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fabbd46ddc0>)
    1403:5  1 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7fabbd46ddc0> #<procedure 7fabbc1c3540 at ./guix/stor?> ?)
   1419:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7fabbd46ddc0> _ _)

./guix/store.scm:1419:15: ERROR:
   1. &store-protocol-error:
       message: 
"`/gnu/store/0iii8i1lc4wg3wccs1db7y7d8lg80i04-guix-1.3.0/bin/guix 
substitute' died unexpectedly"
       status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/42s1sikdv0xhv3rxshks8bz4f05a3jg7-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"95d44c0586873d79e897e1f84f7644bdd4696a58"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.3.0"; pull-version: 1).