Subject: Re: bug#58826: 29.0.50; gud-gdb can't find core file if executable is in a different directory

From: Richard Stallman <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2022 20:15:40 -0500

[[[ To any NSA and FBI agents reading my email: please consider    ]]]
[[[ whether defending the US Constitution against all enemies,     ]]]
[[[ foreign or domestic, requires you to follow Snowden's example. ]]]

  > The above means that the default-directory of the *gud-FILE* buffer
  > will be different depending on whether at gud-gdb's prompt you type
  > the GDB command with the program to debug in its absolute file-name
  > form:

  >    gdb ... /foo/bar/baz ...

  > or you type

  >    gdb ... baz ...

  > and let GDB find 'baz' by searching PATH.

Indeed, that can happen.

But does GDB have a command to specify the file name of the core dump?
It ought to.  If it does, can you override that mistaken heuristic
choice by specifying the complete file name of the core dump?

-- 
Dr Richard Stallman (https://stallman.org)
Chief GNUisance of the GNU Project (https://gnu.org)
Founder, Free Software Foundation (https://fsf.org)
Internet Hall-of-Famer (https://internethalloffame.org)