Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu: wine: Update to 7.19.

From: Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Nov 2022 10:38:28 +0100

Am Freitag, dem 28.10.2022 um 00:22 +0200 schrieb Liliana Marie
Prikler:
> * gnu/packages/wine.scm (wine): Update to 7.19.
> ---
> Hi Guix,
> 
> I noticed our wine package has gained some age, but unlike alcohol,
> it
> doesn't get better by sitting around in some cellar, so here's an
> update.  I'm sending this to the mailing list first, because I
> encountered a weird error while testing: basically, launching winecfg
> under wine64 fails to load kernel.dll before doing anything useful.
> 
> I could trace the error back to some gstreamer thing and launching it
> worked fine from a pure environment with just wine and gstreamer --
> I'd hazard a guess that there's something else strange going on and
> it shouldn't be much of an issue in practice.  Still, I'd like to
> give y'all some time to see for yourself if this works for you before
> pushing it.
> 
> Cheers
I wasn't able to reproduce the above in a pure environment, so it
shouldn't be totally crippling.  That said, if you encounter similar
errors, make sure to refresh your wineprefix.

Pushed now, cheers