Subject: bug#58814: Python.el major mode syntax highlighting not working

From: Stan Staykov <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 09:18:13 +0300

Using emacs 28.2 on Arch Linux.
Syntax highlighting using the default python-mode (python.el) is 
inconsistent.
Multiple users in the #emacs channel who all tested this with the -Q 
option all report the same results.

Please see attached image for the first example.

Notice how the variable 'money' for example is randomly highlighted.

Full code here: Paste.rs <https://paste.rs/K2r.py>

For the above code, when opened in emacs -Q if you go to the last 
instance of 'money' where it says 'money += bet * 2' and press RETURN 
after the end of that line, suddenly it gets highlighted, and then if 
you go to the previous instance of that and do the same, the 
highlighting of the one below disappears.

The same was confirmed by multiple users from the #emacs channel.

Please advise.

Best regards,
Stan