Subject: Re: bug#58813: can't substitute etc/teams.scm command as doc suggests

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 11 Jan 2023 22:00:53 -0500

Hi Simon,

Simon Tournier <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> On Mon, 09 Jan 2023 at 15:52, Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]> wrote:
>
>> It wouldn't change; patman would be hinted at briefly with a reference
>> to its documentation (info '(u-boot) Patman patch manager' from the
>> u-boot-documentation package) as a nice way to stay organize with
>> submissions and automate a few things on top of git send-email.
>
> Is it possible to read online patman documentation?  I am not able to
> find one.

It's developed as part of U-Boot and available at
https://u-boot.readthedocs.io/en/latest/develop/patman.html.  It's
generated from the same sources as the info manual from
u-boot-documentation referenced above.

> Moreover, it could ease the adoption if a minimal sample of
> such configuration is provided.  A minimal out of the box configuration
> as starter.

No configuration is required other than the .patman file already checked
in Guix.

> On my side, if I have to do more than just click to read documentation,
> then I give up.  And then, if I have to parse lengthy documentation,
> then it depends on my motivation but it is also possible that I give
> up–the well-known RTFM trap.  In other words, I am lazy. :-)

The 'Patman patch manager' section is relatively compact; I read it from
the comfort of Emacs ;-).  There's also some alternative short text
available as 'patman -H' if you are in a hurry.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim