Subject: bug#58813: [PATCH v2 3/5] Makefile.am: Auto-configure Git on 'make'.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 08:37:46 -0400

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Sonntag, dem 23.04.2023 um 22:29 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> This means we do not need to worry anymore about manually syncing the
>> pre-push git hook or the Guix-provided git configuration.

> IIUC we still need to invoke 'make .git/whatever' manually, and I'd
> actually like it to be that way, just with a nice phony target like
> 'make git-config' or 'make .git'.  WDYT?

Do, because the targets are added to nodist_noinst_DATA, they are
included in the default 'all' target (i.e., just invoking 'make' builds
them).

Because of that, a .PHONY target is not needed.  I think this is best,
since otherwise when etc/git/pre-push changed, you'd have to remember to
run 'make configure-git' for example.  It'd be error prone, and
easy to forget.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim