Subject: Re: [PATCH 3/5] teams: Add a configure-git action.

From: Maxim Cournoyer <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Apr 2023 20:59:42 -0400

Hi Liliana,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Sonntag, dem 23.04.2023 um 12:04 -0400 schrieb Maxim Cournoyer:
>> * etc/git/gitconfig: Augment configuration template with useful
>> options to
>> allow for auto-configuration.
>> * etc/teams.scm.in (configure-git): New procedure.
>> (main): Register it and add documentation.
> I think configure-git is somewhat out of scope inside teams.scm.  We do
> already tell people to set up their push hooks, so we probably ought to
> solve this via documentation (or a separate dedicated script) as well.

You're right that it feels a bit out of place.  The other idea I had was
to add it as a Makefile target.  This one would have the benefit of
being smart about when to re-run the command (if the gitconfig or
pre-push files changed).

Would that fit better?

> Otherwise LGTM.

OK!  Thanks for weighing in.

-- 
Thanks,
Maxim