Subject: [PATCH] Autoload the `calc-eval-error' variable

From: Matt Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 10:02:50 -0700

Tags: patch

(rationale in the patch)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 8, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-10-25 built on naz
Repository revision: 9d7ba2b1998afc3664c37d9d1b6f6ca2d68356e9
Repository branch: feature/noverlay
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
 'configure 'CFLAGS=-Og -g3' 'CXXFLAGS=-Og -g3' --enable-checking=yes
 --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-pgtk'

>From 526d0b31e0d836e7a3c21d831849b8c50da2420e Mon Sep 17 00:00:00 2001
From: Matt Armstrong <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 09:46:37 -0700
Subject: [PATCH] Autoload the `calc-eval-error' variable

* lisp/calc/calc-aent.el: Autoload the `calc-eval-error' variable,
because it is documented as a lisp level option of the `calc-eval'
function, which is also autoloaded.  Otherwise, even (require 'calc)
is not enough to get the variable defined; `calc-eval' must actually
be evaluated.  This squashes byte compiler warnings in code using the
variable.
---
 lisp/calc/calc-aent.el | 1 +
 1 file changed, 1 insertion(+)

diff --git a/lisp/calc/calc-aent.el b/lisp/calc/calc-aent.el
index ef3e0d4b67..59692beff7 100644
--- a/lisp/calc/calc-aent.el
+++ b/lisp/calc/calc-aent.el
@@ -252,6 +252,7 @@ calc-do-calc-eval
 			     res (cdr res)))
 		     buf)))))))))
 
+;;;###autoload
 (defvar calc-eval-error nil
   "Determines how calc handles errors.
 If nil, return a list containing the character position of error.
-- 
2.35.1