Subject: Re: bug#58790: Eglot URI parsing bug when using clojure-lsp server

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 16 Nov 2022 16:20:20 +0000

On Wed, Nov 16, 2022, 15:45 Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> wrote:

> João Távora <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>
> Both seem to be OK, although I'm not sure that it is the right approach
> in eglot--path-to-uri just to concat "file://" and the file-local-name
> part of a remote file name.
>

Can you describe a case where this would be problematic? Remember that,
from the point of view of the server, the file is always local. That's
regardless of whether eglot invoked the server remotely or locally.

Yes, I understand it. But I don't understand why it is needed: if a URI
> scheme is not supported, there will be an error, visible to the user. No
> need to apply a check before, I believe.
>

I think you're right. Let's not do this patch
 It's not Eglot's responsibility, or at least there's nothing Eglot can
reasonably do about the problem that a later system can't, except maybe
informing that it was the LSP server who is the source of the unknown URL
scheme. I'm not sure it is worth the trouble, but let others speak their
mind.

But I haven't read the whole bug report, so I don't know why this check
> is in place.

It's not in place, we were discussing it.

Do you (or Danny) have a recipe I could follow?

Danny would, probably, but the recipe would involve a particular LSP server
and clojure toolchain, i think.