Subject: bug#58782: 29.0.50; tramp-kubernetes - connection cache not cleared

From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 23:11:01 +0300

Kubernetes from Docker Desktop
(https://www.docker.com/products/docker-desktop/), one pod
"myapp-67cd597654-wxdjn" in namespace "main".

emacs -Q

1) shell command: kubectl config set-context --current --namespace=main
2) C-x C-f /kubernetes:myapp-67cd597654-wxdjn:/
3) M-x tramp-cleanup-this-connection
4) shell command: kubectl config set-context --current --namespace=
5) Again C-x C-f /kubernetes:myapp-67cd597654-wxdjn:/

I get an error, and completion cache (C-x C-f /kubernetes: TAB) is
cleared properly.

But if at the step 5 I instead go to existing dired buffer opened at
step 2, and type, say, "i" on a subdirectory, I get the same error,
but the cache is NOT cleared - this is the bug.

The workaround is to set tramp-completion-use-cache to nil.  But
perhaps there exists a better fix.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS
 appkit-2202.70 Version 11.7 (Build 20G817)) of 2022-10-25 built on
 fgunbin.local
Repository revision: 7e60246ab3cb7a3c40ca48d8ea9c107f00a6aea6
Repository branch: master
System Description:  macOS 11.7

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-file-notification=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GNUTLS LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix