Subject: bug#58782: closed (Re: bug#58782: 29.0.50; tramp-kubernetes - connection cache not cleared)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 11:06:02 +0000

Your bug report

#58782: 29.0.50; tramp-kubernetes - connection cache not cleared

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58782: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58782
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58782: 29.0.50; tramp-kubernetes - connection cache not cleared
From: Michael Albinus <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 02 Dec 2022 12:05:38 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Michael Albinus <[email-masked]> writes:

Hi Filipp,

>> (As usual, please show all messages you get, and pls show the Tramp
>> debug buffer with sufficient tramp-verbose)
>
> Hmm, no response. Do you still feel we shall follow this report? If yes,
> pls provide more information.

No further information, so I'm closing this bug. Feel free to reopen if
you believe we shall discuss further.

>>> Thanks.

Best regards, Michael.

Subject: 29.0.50; tramp-kubernetes - connection cache not cleared
From: Filipp Gunbin <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 23:11:01 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Kubernetes from Docker Desktop
(https://www.docker.com/products/docker-desktop/), one pod
"myapp-67cd597654-wxdjn" in namespace "main".

emacs -Q

1) shell command: kubectl config set-context --current --namespace=main
2) C-x C-f /kubernetes:myapp-67cd597654-wxdjn:/
3) M-x tramp-cleanup-this-connection
4) shell command: kubectl config set-context --current --namespace=
5) Again C-x C-f /kubernetes:myapp-67cd597654-wxdjn:/

I get an error, and completion cache (C-x C-f /kubernetes: TAB) is
cleared properly.

But if at the step 5 I instead go to existing dired buffer opened at
step 2, and type, say, "i" on a subdirectory, I get the same error,
but the cache is NOT cleared - this is the bug.

The workaround is to set tramp-completion-use-cache to nil.  But
perhaps there exists a better fix.

Thanks.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-apple-darwin20.6.0, NS
 appkit-2202.70 Version 11.7 (Build 20G817)) of 2022-10-25 built on
 fgunbin.local
Repository revision: 7e60246ab3cb7a3c40ca48d8ea9c107f00a6aea6
Repository branch: master
System Description:  macOS 11.7

Configured using:
 'configure --enable-check-lisp-object-type --with-file-notification=no'

Configured features:
ACL GLIB GNUTLS LCMS2 LIBXML2 MODULES NS PDUMPER PNG RSVG SQLITE3
THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP XIM ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: ru_RU.UTF-8
  value of $LC_CTYPE: UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix