Subject: bug#58774: 29.0.50; [WISH]: Let us make EWW browse WWW Org files correctly

From: indieterminacy <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 22:22:44 +0200

On 26-10-2022 10:24, Jean Louis wrote:
> * Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]> [2022-10-26 09:52]:
>> Strictly speaking, even eww-mode may run arbitrary code given that 
>> user
>> puts something into eww-mode-hook.
> 
> eww-mode-hook is a variable defined in ‘eww.el’.
> 
> Its value is (org-eww-extend-eww-keymap)
> 
> Please help me recognize content type by using eww-mode-hook, so that
> I can invoke org mode when there is "text/x-org"
> 
> It is very useful to browse my personal notes from my personal WWW
> server without invoking external browser.

Consider hacking with regards to the Gemini protocol within Emacs, its 
minimalism may provide the appropriate playground for you to do things 
you expect (it already provides junctures to switch to (or at least 
load) html content with another non Gemini browser.

Im killing a couple of tasks my end so I cant do this for you.

However, it may be worth you experimenting with a Gemini server which 
contains orgmode files.

I expect you should be able to view orgmode files (I guess they would be 
treated as non Gemtext and therefore binary). If you could toggle the 
appropriate mode inside something like emacs-elpher it may work to your 
needs.

-- 
Jonathan McHugh
[email-masked]