Subject: bug#58774: 29.0.50; [WISH]: Let us make EWW browse WWW Org files correctly

From: "Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2022 13:55:47 +0200

Jean Louis <[email-masked]> writes:

>> If you ask me whether I can make this work safely: This would first
>> require the introduction of a safe-org-mode which strictly disables all
>> features that can execute remote code or disguise unsafe operations as
>> safe ones. If a user then decides to explicitly call M-x org-mode,
>> that’s their problem.
>
> Thanks, though, that was not my request.
>
> Please note that you miss very important issue, and that is that all
> browsers support customization on how to open specific content types,
> so it is quite trivial to customize in browser to open Common Lisp
> program with Common Lisp. 

I may have misunderstood what you want.

Do you want eww to open text/x-org files in org-mode by default, or do
you search for a way how you can modify your local eww to open
text/x-org files with org-mode?

My worries apply to the first, not to the second (there users know what
they get into).

Best wishes,
Arne
-- 
Unpolitisch sein
heißt politisch sein,
ohne es zu merken.
draketo.de