Subject: Re: bug#58774: 29.0.50; [WISH]: Let us make EWW browse WWW Org files correctly

From: Ihor Radchenko <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2022 04:09:55 +0000

"Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide" <[email-masked]> writes:

> … and to the topic: this may be something that could be re-used in
> eww.

Yup. Or Emacs could even provide a unified interface to ask security
questions.

> Though I would prefer having a less-intrusive notification than a y-n
> question; maybe just a message in the echo area that with a specific
> command this uri could be marked as safe and then get interpreted as org
> right away.

We have modelled the dialogue after what Emacs does for file-local
variables. This kind of security questions should be very clearly
visible and, ideally, unified to make sure that users can easily
distinguish important queries.

-- 
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,
Learn more about Org mode at <https://orgmode.org/>.
Support Org development at <https://liberapay.com/org-mode>,
or support my work at <https://liberapay.com/yantar92>