Subject: bug#58774: 29.0.50; [WISH]: Let us make EWW browse WWW Org files correctly

From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2022 22:56:36 +0300

* Dr. Arne Babenhauserheide <[email-masked]> [2022-10-25 18:06]:
> > This wish request is related to Emacs EWW and Org mode.
> >
> > Please make EWW recognize Org file when served by WWW server. Currently
> > it does not recognize the MIME type text/x-org and opens the file as
> > text, it does not invoke the org mode. In my opinion, it should.
> 
> This sounds dangerous. Org mode can execute untrusted code, so this
> could trick people into running untrusted code with the permissions of
> their Emacs.

I can always do that in Emacs, execute untrusted code. There are no
trust mechanisms for plethora of Emacs packages and codes distributed
over Internet. 

That was not my request.

Do you know how to make this work?

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/