Subject: bug#59733: closed (Re: bug#58771: 29.0.50; context submenu can not click when run emacs lucid build.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 07:49:03 +0000

Your bug report

#58771: 29.0.50; unrespnsive Xaw menus

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58771: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58771
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58771: 29.0.50; context submenu can not click when run emacs lucid build.
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 23:48:21 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2023-01-13 23:25, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Please install on emacs-29, and thanks.

Done. I'm closing bug#57320, bug#57518, bug#58711, and bug#59733.

Subject: 29.0.50; unrespnsive Xaw menus
From: Madhu <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Dec 2022 08:05:17 +0530 (IST)
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Xaw3d menus (both menubar and pop-up menus) have been unresponsive to
mouse moves since commit c0fa3f2a6b8ce06af5

* c0fa3f2a6b8ce06af59f5e70cf1757189bd401f0
| Author: Po Lu <[email-masked]>  2022-02-17 15:31:30
| Committer: Po Lu <[email-masked]>  2022-02-17 15:36:12
|    Prevent menu items leak if x-pre-popup-menu-hook signals
|    * src/menu.c (x_popup_menu_1): Make sure menu items are
|    discarded if the pre popup menu hook signals.

This is on non-NS an --with-x-toolkit=athena build. to reproduce, bring
up a pop-up-menu by clicking on a menubar item, or by pressing Shift F10
and choosing a submenu.  none of the pop-up-menu items in the submenu
are responsive to mouse selection.

It appearsAfter the change a necessary discard_menu_items call does not
seem to be happening in src.c: (x_popup_menu_1)

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars) of 2022-10-20 built on maher
Repository revision: dda57221b1163b4223add47f172c9dd8d2826a15
Repository branch: madhu-tip
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Gentoo/Linux

Configured using:
 'configure -C --with-x-toolkit=athena --with-native-compilation
 --with-xinput2'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES
NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3
THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB