Subject: bug#57518: closed (Re: bug#58771: 29.0.50; context submenu can not click when run emacs lucid build.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 07:49:03 +0000

Your bug report

#58771: 29.0.50; (Lucid) Using mouse in menu does not work well

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58771: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58771
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58771: 29.0.50; context submenu can not click when run emacs lucid build.
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 23:48:21 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2023-01-13 23:25, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Please install on emacs-29, and thanks.

Done. I'm closing bug#57320, bug#57518, bug#58711, and bug#59733.

Subject: 29.0.50; (Lucid) Using mouse in menu does not work well
From: Jean Louis <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 01 Sep 2022 13:57:28 +0300
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

I can observe that if I use F10, then choose Tools, I can see the
submenu of spell checking.

If I however use mouse to open Tools and go to Spell Checking, I cannot
see any menu opening, it is not accessible.

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 11, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.17.6, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2022-08-21 built on protected.rcdrun.com
Repository revision: a6ccb82fdaacb731295545f867765d60726c5044
Repository branch: master
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101003
System Description: Parabola GNU/Linux-libre

Configured using:
 'configure --with-x-toolkit=lucid'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2 M17N_FLT MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY
PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS
WEBP X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LC_ALL: en_US.UTF-8
  value of $LANG: de_DE.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=exwm-xim
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util time-date mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse
rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader cl-loaddefs cl-lib sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils shell subr-x
pcomplete compile text-property-search comint ansi-color ring rmc
iso-transl tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd
tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace
newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar
rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock
font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq
simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang
misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms
cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian
cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table
epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button
loaddefs faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay
sha1 md5 base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 46594 7500)
 (symbols 48 5866 2)
 (strings 32 16573 2058)
 (string-bytes 1 491595)
 (vectors 16 11662)
 (vector-slots 8 169357 9133)
 (floats 8 41 17)
 (intervals 56 247 0)
 (buffers 992 11))

-- 
Jean

Take action in Free Software Foundation campaigns:
https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/