Subject: bug#57320: closed (Re: bug#58771: 29.0.50; context submenu can not click when run emacs lucid build.)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Sat, 14 Jan 2023 07:49:03 +0000

Your bug report

#58771: 29.0.50; Lucid menus can't be operated with the mouse

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58771: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58771
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58771: 29.0.50; context submenu can not click when run emacs lucid build.
From: Paul Eggert <[email-masked]>
To: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2023 23:48:21 -0800
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

On 2023-01-13 23:25, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> Please install on emacs-29, and thanks.

Done. I'm closing bug#57320, bug#57518, bug#58711, and bug#59733.

Subject: 29.0.50; Lucid menus can't be operated with the mouse
From: Stefan <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2022 10:43:00 -0400
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Menus stopped working recently when operated with the mouse.
What works:

- I can click on the menu bar, and that brings down the corresponding
  menu.
- I can use the arrow keys and the RET key to move in the menus and
  select a particular entry.
- I can move the mouse to select another menu.

What doesn't:

- The menu entries are not highlighted as I move the mouse over
  them, and submenus don't popup as I move the mouse over them.
- If I mouse-click on an entry in a menu, the menu is not removed and
  the corresponding command is not run.  Instead I get my window
  manager's "root menu" (i.e. the menu I get when I click in the
  background) popup on top of the Lucid menu.
  Same happens if I click on a menu entry which is a submenu.

The behavior is basically the same for popup menus, except that in popup
menus the submenus do popup as I move the mouse over them and if I click
on an entry which is a submenu the menu is popped down.

        Stefan

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo version 1.16.0, Xaw3d scroll bars)
 of 2022-08-20 built on pastel
Repository revision: 07c04da01016cd81e064a06b2449892eff7c8da0
Repository branch: main
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12011000
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux 11 (bullseye)

Configured using:
 'configure -C --enable-checking --enable-check-lisp-object-type
 --with-modules --with-cairo --with-tiff=ifavailable
 --with-native-compilation 'CFLAGS=-Wall -g3 -Og -Wno-pointer-sign'
 PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/home/monnier/lib/pkgconfig'

Configured features:
CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG
LIBSELINUX LIBXML2 MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG
SECCOMP SOUND THREADS TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XAW3D XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM
LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: fr_CH.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils comp comp-cstr
warnings icons subr-x rx cl-seq cl-macs gv cl-extra help-mode
cl-loaddefs cl-lib bytecomp byte-compile cconv rmc iso-transl tooltip
eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type
elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd
fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment
text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow
isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax
font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads dbusbind inotify
dynamic-setting system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit
xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 70864 9520)
 (symbols 48 7085 0)
 (strings 32 22150 3115)
 (string-bytes 1 729575)
 (vectors 16 17487)
 (vector-slots 8 252019 14476)
 (floats 8 31 35)
 (intervals 56 239 0)
 (buffers 992 11))