Subject: bug#58770: guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program '/gnu/store/9kyha1l1a1ynh9nni8428bqdanajck1b-compute-guix-derivation'

From: Mark Felt <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2022 15:55:09 -0700

I'm trying to build/use Guix as a package manager on top of the Linux
distribution (container) provided by Chrome OS:
https://chromeos.dev/en/linux

All I do to get the error is:

   1. install Guix from the distro's package manager
   2. run 'guix pull' (which doesn't complete because of the error.)

Specific Device Information:
rustdog@penguin:~$ uname -a
Linux penguin 5.10.136-19393-g8d1faf8b57d7 #1 SMP PREEMPT Wed Oct 5
03:09:18 PDT 2022 aarch64 GNU/Linux

Guix package info for the Linux system:
rustdog@penguin:~$ sudo apt info guix
Package: guix
Version: 1.2.0-4
Priority: optional
Section: admin
Maintainer: Vagrant Cascadian <[email-masked]>
Installed-Size: 271 MB
Depends: guile-2.2-libs, libbz2-1.0, libc6 (>= 2.28), libgcc-s1 (>= 3.0),
libgcrypt20 (>= 1.8.0), libsqlite3-0 (>= 3.5.9), libstdc++6 (>= 5.2),
zlib1g (>= 1:1.2.6), guile-2.2, guile-gcrypt (>= 0.3.0-3~), guile-git (>=
0.4.0-2~), guile-gnutls (>= 3.6.15-5~), guile-json (>= 4.3.2), guile-lzlib,
guile-ssh (>= 0.13.1), guile-sqlite3 (>= 0.1.3-2~), guile-zlib, libssh-dev
Recommends: nscd, systemd
Homepage: https://guix.gnu.org/
Download-Size: 41.8 MB
APT-Manual-Installed: yes
APT-Sources: https://deb.debian.org/debian bullseye/main arm64 Packages
Description: GNU Guix functional package manager
 Guix is an advanced distribution of the GNU operating system
 developed by the GNU Project—which respects the freedom of computer
 users.
 .
 Guix supports transactional upgrades and roll-backs, unprivileged
 package management, and more. When used as a standalone distribution,
 Guix supports declarative system configuration for transparent and
 reproducible operating systems.
 .
 It provides Guile Scheme APIs, including high-level embedded
 domain-specific languages (EDSLs) to define packages and whole-system
 configurations.

On Tue, Oct 25, 2022, 6:51 AM Christopher Baines <[email-masked]> wrote:

>
> Mark Felt <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > building /gnu/store/5s1lrwxd17hp97lxh9if6qni39qma5z1-gnutls-3.7.7.drv...
> > | 'build' phasebuilder for
> `/gnu/store/5s1lrwxd17hp97lxh9if6qni39qma5z1-gnutls-3.7.7.drv' failed with
> exit code 1
> > build of /gnu/store/5s1lrwxd17hp97lxh9if6qni39qma5z1-gnutls-3.7.7.drv
> failed
> > Backtrace:
> > View build log at
> '/var/log/guix/drvs/5s/1lrwxd17hp97lxh9if6qni39qma5z1-gnutls-3.7.7.drv.bz2'.
>
> Hi Mark,
>
> It's not obvious to me why the build of gnutls failed from the log.
>
> It has been built by a substitute server, so providing you're fetching
> substitutes from bordeaux.guix.gnu.org, you shouldn't have to build this
> locally.
>
> Chris
>