Subject: Re: bug#58721: 28.2; dired with delete-by-moving-to-trash can't trash directory twice

From: Gustavo Barros <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Nov 2022 22:45:35 -0300

Hi Mike,

On Sun, 20 Nov 2022 at 22:08, Mike Kupfer <[email-masked]> wrote:

> Yes, I tried a few graphical file browsers (Thunar, Caja, and Dolphin),
> and they all move the symlink, not the target, to Trash.
>
> After getting my test setup straightened out, I think I have a fix for
> the symlink issue and for the issue that Gustavo originally reported
> (cross-filesystem trashing fails when there's already a directory with
> the same name in Trash).
>
> I've committed these fixes separately; see attached.  Gustavo, can you
> try these out and make sure they handle your use case(s)?

Thank you for seeing to this.

I've tested the patches, and I'm glad to report `move-file-to-trash`
works as expected across file systems. I've also tested symlinks,
which work as expected as well.
LGTM.

(Tests made with 28.2, which is what I have here, and also the version
from which the bug was initially filed).

Cheers!
Gustavo.