Subject: gui-backend-set-selection causing segfault on Debian 12

From: Geoffrey Ferrari <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2022 22:57:41 +0100

To reproduce:
Highlight some text and run *kill-ring-save* which ultimately calls
gui-backend-set-selection.

Kind regards,

Geoff

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 1, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version
 3.24.34, cairo version 1.16.0) of 2022-10-17, unofficial
 emacs-snapshot build: http://emacs.secretsauce.net built on
 lilbastard
Windowing system distributor 'The X.Org Foundation', version 11.0.12101004
System Description: Debian GNU/Linux bookworm/sid

Configured using:
 'configure --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr
 --sharedstatedir=/var/lib --libexecdir=/usr/lib
 --localstatedir=/var/lib --infodir=/usr/share/info
 --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd --with-native-compilation
 --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --build x86_64-linux-gnu --prefix=/usr --sharedstatedir=/var/lib
 --libexecdir=/usr/lib --localstatedir=/var/lib
 --infodir=/usr/share/info --mandir=/usr/share/man --enable-libsystemd
 --with-native-compilation --with-pop=yes
 --enable-locallisppath=/etc/emacs-snapshot:/etc/emacs:/usr/local/share/emacs/29.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/local/share/emacs/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/site-lisp:/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp
 --with-x=yes --with-imagemagick --with-x-toolkit=gtk3
 --with-toolkit-scroll-bars 'CFLAGS=-g -O2
 -ffile-prefix-map=/build/emacs-snapshot-DGsbZ6/emacs-snapshot-20221017+emacs-28.2-159651-geff4a4f49a7=.
 -fstack-protector-strong -Wformat -Werror=format-security -Wall
 -fno-omit-frame-pointer' 'CPPFLAGS=-Wdate-time -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2'
 LDFLAGS=-Wl,-z,relro'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO DBUS FREETYPE GIF GLIB GMP GNUTLS GPM GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ
IMAGEMAGICK JPEG JSON LCMS2 LIBOTF LIBSELINUX LIBSYSTEMD LIBXML2
M17N_FLT MODULES NATIVE_COMP NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG RSVG SECCOMP
SOUND THREADS TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XINPUT2 XPM GTK3
ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_GB.UTF-8
  value of $XMODIFIERS: @im=ibus
  locale-coding-system: utf-8

Major mode: Lisp Interaction

Minor modes in effect:
  yas-global-mode: t
  yas-minor-mode: t
  pyvenv-mode: t
  minions-mode: t
  popwin-mode: t
  outshine-mode: t
  outline-minor-mode: t
  global-undo-tree-mode: t
  undo-tree-mode: t
  helm-mode: t
  helm-minibuffer-history-mode: t
  helm--remap-mouse-mode: t
  async-bytecomp-package-mode: t
  recentf-mode: t
  shell-dirtrack-mode: t
  rainbow-delimiters-mode: t
  save-place-mode: t
  override-global-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-load-mode: t
  auto-compile-on-save-mode: t
  savehist-mode: t
  desktop-save-mode: t
  delete-selection-mode: t
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  global-prettify-symbols-mode: t
  prettify-symbols-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  global-visual-line-mode: t
  visual-line-mode: t
  indent-tabs-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t
  hs-minor-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
/home/ghf/.emacs.legacy/elpa/auto-compile-20220517.1501/auto-compile hides
/home/ghf/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-compile-20220422.1600/auto-compile
/home/ghf/.emacs.legacy/elpa/auto-compile-20220517.1501/auto-compile-autoloads
hides
/home/ghf/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-compile-20220422.1600/auto-compile-autoloads
/home/ghf/.emacs.legacy/elpa/auto-compile-20220517.1501/auto-compile-pkg
hides /home/ghf/.emacs.d/elpa/auto-compile-20220422.1600/auto-compile-pkg
/home/ghf/.emacs.legacy/elpa/packed-20220422.1626/packed hides
/home/ghf/.emacs.d/elpa/packed-20220422.1626/packed
/home/ghf/.emacs.legacy/elpa/packed-20220422.1626/packed-pkg hides
/home/ghf/.emacs.d/elpa/packed-20220422.1626/packed-pkg
/home/ghf/.emacs.legacy/elpa/packed-20220422.1626/packed-autoloads hides
/home/ghf/.emacs.d/elpa/packed-20220422.1626/packed-autoloads
/home/ghf/.emacs.d/elpa/transient-20220503.1118/transient hides
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/lisp/transient
/usr/share/emacs/29.0.50/site-lisp/debian-startup hides
/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp/debian-startup

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug gnus-alias message yank-media puny
rfc822 mml mml-sec epa derived epg rfc6068 epg-config gnus-util
mm-decode mm-bodies mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils
mailheader sendmail rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr
mail-utils winner tramp-archive tramp-gvfs tramp-cache time-stamp
zeroconf dbus xml helm-command helm-elisp helm-eval edebug debug
backtrace helm-info server yaml-mode yasnippet highlight-indentation
flymake-proc flymake thingatpt company-capf company pcase help-fns
radix-tree elpy elpy-rpc pyvenv eshell esh-cmd esh-ext esh-opt
esh-proc esh-io esh-arg esh-module esh-groups esh-util elpy-shell
elpy-profile elpy-django elpy-refactor diff-mode python ido hideshow
grep compile text-property-search etags fileloop xref project minimap
moody minions ox-odt rng-loc rng-uri rng-parse rng-match rng-dt
rng-util rng-pttrn nxml-parse nxml-ns nxml-enc xmltok nxml-util
ox-latex ox-icalendar org-agenda org-refile ox-html table ox-ascii
ox-publish ox org-element avl-tree generator org-bullets s dash
zenburn-theme shell-pop term disp-table ehelp popwin outshine
outshine-org-cmds outorg org ob ob-tangle ob-ref ob-lob ob-table
ob-exp org-macro org-footnote org-src ob-comint org-pcomplete org-list
org-faces org-entities org-version ob-emacs-lisp ob-core ob-eval
org-table oc-basic bibtex ol org-keys oc org-compat org-macs
org-loaddefs find-func cal-menu calendar cal-loaddefs noutline outline
undo-tree diff queue helm-mode helm-misc helm-files image-dired
image-dired-tags image-dired-external image-dired-util xdg image-mode
exif filenotify helm-buffers helm-occur helm-tags helm-locate
helm-grep helm-regexp helm-utils helm-help helm-types helm helm-core
async-bytecomp helm-global-bindings helm-easymenu helm-source
helm-multi-match helm-lib async helm-config mule-util elscreen dired-x
dired dired-loaddefs browse-kill-ring flyspell ispell recentf
tree-widget tramp tramp-loaddefs trampver tramp-integration cus-edit
pp cus-load wid-edit files-x tramp-compat shell pcomplete comint
ansi-osc ring parse-time iso8601 time-date ls-lisp format-spec
rainbow-delimiters saveplace edmacro kmacro frame-cmds advice
frame-fns avoid cl woman man ansi-color use-package
use-package-delight use-package-diminish use-package-bind-key bind-key
easy-mmode jka-compr auto-compile packed compat use-package-ensure
use-package-core finder-inf savehist desktop frameset delsel comp
comp-cstr warnings icons rx cl-extra help-mode my-elisp-tools tex-site
info package browse-url url url-proxy url-privacy url-expand
url-methods url-history url-cookie generate-lisp-file url-domsuf
url-util mailcap url-handlers url-parse auth-source cl-seq eieio
eieio-core cl-macs password-cache json subr-x map byte-opt gv bytecomp
byte-compile cconv url-vars cl-loaddefs cl-lib chemacs rmc iso-transl
tooltip eldoc paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks
lisp-float-type elisp-mode mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win
x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list
replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode prog-mode register page tab-bar
menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu timer select scroll-bar mouse
jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core term/tty-colors frame minibuffer
nadvice seq simple cl-generic indonesian philippine cham georgian
utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean
japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek romanian slovak czech european
ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese composite emoji-zwj charscript
charprop case-table epa-hook jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray
oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs theme-loaddefs faces cus-face
macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5 base64 format
env code-pages mule custom widget keymap hashtable-print-readable
backquote threads dbusbind inotify lcms2 dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo move-toolbar gtk
x-toolkit xinput2 x multi-tty make-network-process native-compile
emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 642569 23083)
 (symbols 48 41688 2)
 (strings 32 178653 11997)
 (string-bytes 1 5752905)
 (vectors 16 70198)
 (vector-slots 8 1193859 24707)
 (floats 8 314 358)
 (intervals 56 1685 18)
 (buffers 1000 14))
--