Subject: bug#58586: closed (Re: )

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 14:19:01 +0000

Your bug report

#58586: Astropy 5.0.1 tests failed after staging->master marge

which was filed against the guix package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58586: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58586
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re:
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 06 Dec 2022 14:16:06 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi Chris,
>
> This issue is resolved now with listed patches applied.

Great :)

For future reference, anyone can mark issues as done by emailing
[email-masked], where XXXXX is the issue number.

I've done that now for this issue.

Thanks,

Chris

Subject: Astropy 5.0.1 tests failed after staging->master marge
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 20:53:35 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix team,

It looks like Astropy stoped building with failed tests after commit
c567a82a6975e70c8207a4aeed55a72b5121213c.:

-----
E       DeprecationWarning: FLIP_TOP_BOTTOM is deprecated and will be
removed in Pillow 10 (2023-07-01). Use Transpose.FLIP_TOP_BOTTOM
instead.

/gnu/store/q3hdznwiyz7ywhmfnddv9b3g3v1plhqw-python-pillow-9.2.0/lib/python3.9/site-packages/PIL/_deprecate.py:62:
DeprecationWarning
=========================== short test summary info ============================
FAILED astropy/visualization/wcsaxes/tests/test_misc.py::test_no_numpy_warnings[lines]
FAILED astropy/visualization/wcsaxes/tests/test_misc.py::test_no_numpy_warnings[contours]
FAILED astropy/visualization/wcsaxes/tests/test_misc.py::test_plt_imshow_origin
FAILED astropy/visualization/wcsaxes/tests/test_misc.py::test_ax_imshow_origin
FAILED astropy/visualization/wcsaxes/tests/test_wcsapi.py::test_edge_axes - D...
= 5 failed, 18427 passed, 1065 skipped, 126 deselected, 67 xfailed in
262.41s (0:04:22) =
error: in phase 'check': uncaught exception:
%exception #<&invoke-error program: "python" arguments: ("-m" "pytest"
"--pyargs" "astropy" "-m" "not remote_data") exit-status: 1
term-signal: #f stop-signal: #f>
phase `check' failed after 269.2 seconds
-----

The test failing isues comes from Pillow update
https://github.com/astropy/astropy/issues/13044 and fixed in the
latest release of Astropy.

I've tried to urade it to the latest 5.1 but it requires:

https://github.com/astropy/astropy/blob/v5.1/setup.cfg#L57
pytest>=7.0

So I've stoped here for now. I'll give it a go to have all the chain
to be upgraded and see how deep it will go. This blocking me to sent
patches for SunPy which were built just fine :).

Regards,
Oleg

-- 
… наш разум - превосходная объяснительная машина которая способна
найти смысл почти в чем угодно, истолковать любой феномен, но
совершенно не в состоянии принять мысль о непредсказуемости.