Subject: [bug#58583] [PATCH v2] scripts: package: Forbid installation of the guix package.

From: Tobias Geerinckx-Rice <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 18:24:16 +0200

Hullo.

"( via Guix-patches" via 写道：
> * guix/scripts/package.scm (package->manifest-entry*): Fail if 
> the
>   package to be installed is guix from the default channel.

♥

As noted elsewhere, I've come to support this, er, straightforward 
approach.  It might offend some readers, so let's leave this open 
for comment a bit longer.

I should like to merge it before 1.4, though.

> +    (report-error (G_ "the 'guix' package should not be 
> installed"))
> +    (newline (current-error-port))

I would write (report-error "…~%") sans (newline).  If you 
intentionally didn't, let's explicitly discuss that.

Kind regards,

T G-R