Subject: Re: [PATCH 4/4] build-system/gnu: Disable grafts in 'python-build'.

From: Ludovic Courtès <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 18:40:17 +0200

Hi,

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> skribis:

> regarding the name of this patch, shouldn't it be "build-system:
> python: Disable grafts." or even "build-system: python: Leave grafts
> as-is when lowering."?

It should definitely read “python” and not “gnu”.  It is about disabling
grafts at this stage.

> Am Montag, dem 17.10.2022 um 08:49 +0200 schrieb Ludovic Courtès:
>> This is consistent with what 'gnu-build' does and makes sure origins
>> aren't getting lowered with #:graft? #t in one case and not in the
>> other.
>> 
>> * guix/build-system/python.scm (python-build): Pass #:graft? #f.
> I think mentioning df46bef48eaa43c502fa9193371692c039b460c1 would be
> helpful.

Good idea, will do.

> The series otherwise LGTM.  I assume you didn't tag it core-updates,
> because it doesn't actually cause any rebuilds?

Exactly.

Thank you!

Ludo’.