Subject: bug#58571: translations are incompletely pulled from weblate

From: "pelzflorian (Florian Pelz)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2022 15:32:02 +0200

Julien Lepiller <[email-masked]> writes:
> One thing I suspect is that weblate takes quite a lot of time to pull
> changes from the intermediate repository, so if you provide a
> translation while the repo is being synced, I think they might be
> reset when the file is finally loaded by weblate.

Something similar happened to me once: Immediately after Weblate
reported I had successfully uploaded a PO file, I decided to translate a
new untranslated string.  This made Weblate lose all translations from
the previous PO file upload.

tl;dr: Yes, Weblate sometimes can lose translations.

> For anyone in that situation, the translations are not lost. You can
> always go back to them and you'll see they are untranslated, but
> you'll see a red box on the right saying it's already translated. If
> the text is correct, you can click "fix string" to apply the
> translation.

Good to hear.

Regards,
Florian