Subject: Re: [bug#58569] [PATCH] gnu packages gnome-console: Remove nautilus extension

From: Mája Tomášek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2022 23:54:26 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, dem 20.10.2022 um 21:58 +0200 schrieb Mája Tomášek:
>> I have now verified, that it is indeed not a binary corruption issue.
>> As both in normal and in the pure environment the libkgx-nautilus.so
>> are the same file.
> Your nautilus could still be corrupted, though, linking to the wrong
> libkgx-nautilus.so
>
> Cheers

I think that nautilus loads this library by checking for objects in
NAUTILUS_EXTENSION_PATH and loading them into the system at
runtime. Simply unsetting the variable fixes the issue. So in my opinion
nautilus cannot link the wrong file, as it does on runtime and that is
set to a variable that essentialy links it to the same file.

Sidenote, nautilus is actually not involved in the process, as
gnome-console is not it's input. (It's actually the other way around)

Cheers