Subject: Re: [PATCH] gnu packages gnome-console: Remove nautilus extension

From: Mája Tomášek <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2022 18:20:16 +0200

Liliana Marie Prikler <[email-masked]> writes:

> Am Sonntag, dem 16.10.2022 um 19:34 +0200 schrieb Mája Tomášek:
>> 
>> Hi,
>> 
>> this patch removes the gnome-console nautilus extension as it crashes
>> nautilus (at least on my machine).
> I can confirm it working as intended on at least two separate machines,
> both configured 

I have pinpointed the issue! I tried the debugging steps and suddenly
nautilus opened fine.

So, the issue is that I have some deffective version of
libkgx-nautilus.so, which does return NULL list.

But, if I provide a different version of gnome-console
(ie. --with-debug-info=gnome-console) nautilus suddenly opens fine.

I have run multiple guix pulls, guix system reconfigure, guix gc
--verify=contents but it has not fixed it.

It even works when I use run guix shell --pure nautilus gnome-console.

I am now completely lost.