Subject: Inconsistent test failure in mutter

From: Brendan Tildesley <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 13:15:56 +1100

It didn't fail the second time though:

94/107 mutter:core+mutter/stacking / set-parent RUNNING
 >>> G_TEST_BUILDDIR=/tmp/guix-build-mutter-42.4.drv-0/build 
MUTTER_TEST_PLUGIN_PATH=/tmp/guix-build-mutter-42.4.drv-0/build/src/compositor/plugins/libdefault.so 
MALLOC_PERTURB_=247 
G_TEST_SRCDIR=/tmp/guix-build-mutter-42.4.drv-0/mutter-42.4/src 
/tmp/guix-build-mutter-42.4.drv-0/mutter-42.4/src/tests/meta-dbus-runner.py 
/tmp/guix-build-mutter-42.4.drv-0/build/src/tests/mutter-test-runner 
/tmp/guix-build-mutter-42.4.drv-0/build/../mutter-42.4/src/tests/stacking/set-parent.metatest
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――― ✀ 
―――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
Starting D-Bus daemons (session & system)...
Starting mocked services...
Running test case...
# random seed: R02S542f1e4fb657b24556bc18339672aff5
# libmutter-MESSAGE: Running Mutter Test (using mutter 42.4) as a 
Wayland display server
libmutter-Message: 01:38:04.142: Running Mutter Test (using mutter 42.4) 
as a Wayland display server
# GLib-GIO-DEBUG: _g_io_module_get_default: Found default implementation 
memory (GMemorySettingsBackend) for ‘gsettings-backend’
Failed to create //.cache for shader cache (Permission denied)---disabling.
# libmutter-MESSAGE: Created surfaceless renderer without GPU
libmutter-Message: 01:38:04.273: Created surfaceless renderer without GPU
# GLib-GIO-DEBUG: _g_io_module_get_default: Found default implementation 
local (GLocalVfs) for ‘gio-vfs’
# libmutter-MESSAGE: Disabling DMA buffer screen sharing (not hardware 
accelerated)
libmutter-Message: 01:38:04.330: Disabling DMA buffer screen sharing 
(not hardware accelerated)
# libmutter-MESSAGE: Disabling DMA buffer screen sharing (implicit 
modifiers not supported)
libmutter-Message: 01:38:04.331: Disabling DMA buffer screen sharing 
(implicit modifiers not supported)
# libmutter-DEBUG: WL: loaded 
/gnu/store/rdlkxcp52i1sz3qhajdxjc7a7gkgdq0v-egl-wayland-1.1.11/lib/libnvidia-egl-wayland.so.1:wl_eglstream_controller.
# libmutter-MESSAGE: Using public X11 display :512, (using :513 for 
managed services)
libmutter-Message: 01:38:04.332: Using public X11 display :512, (using 
:513 for managed services)
# libmutter-MESSAGE: Using Wayland display name 'mutter-test-display'
libmutter-Message: 01:38:04.333: Using Wayland display name 
'mutter-test-display'
Window manager warning: Failed to set environment variable 
GNOME_SETUP_DISPLAY for gnome-session: 
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Name 
"org.gnome.SessionManager" does not exist
Window manager warning: Failed to set environment variable DISPLAY for 
gnome-session: GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: 
Name "org.gnome.SessionManager" does not exist
Window manager warning: Failed to set environment variable XAUTHORITY 
for gnome-session: 
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Name 
"org.gnome.SessionManager" does not exist
Window manager warning: Failed to set environment variable 
WAYLAND_DISPLAY for gnome-session: 
GDBus.Error:org.freedesktop.DBus.Error.NameHasNoOwner: Name 
"org.gnome.SessionManager" does not exist
1..1
# libmutter-MESSAGE: Added virtual monitor Meta-0
libmutter-Message: 01:38:04.397: Added virtual monitor Meta-0
# libmutter-INFO: Acquired name org.gnome.Mutter.ScreenCast
# libmutter-INFO: Acquired name org.gnome.Mutter.RemoteDesktop
# libmutter-MESSAGE: Removed virtual monitor Meta-0
libmutter-Message: 01:38:04.779: Removed virtual monitor Meta-0
ok 1 stacking/set-parent.metatest
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File 
"/tmp/guix-build-mutter-42.4.drv-0/mutter-42.4/src/tests/meta-dbus-runner.py", 
line 184, in <module>
     test_case.wrap_call(rest[1:])
   File 
"/tmp/guix-build-mutter-42.4.drv-0/mutter-42.4/src/tests/meta-dbus-runner.py", 
line 171, in wrap_call
     self.assertEqual(p.wait(), 0)
   File 
"/gnu/store/65i3nhcwmz0p8rqbg48gaavyky4g4hwk-python-3.9.9/lib/python3.9/unittest/case.py", 
line 837, in assertEqual
     assertion_func(first, second, msg=msg)
   File 
"/gnu/store/65i3nhcwmz0p8rqbg48gaavyky4g4hwk-python-3.9.9/lib/python3.9/unittest/case.py", 
line 830, in _baseAssertEqual
     raise self.failureException(msg)
AssertionError: -11 != 0
――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――――
  94/107 mutter:core+mutter/stacking / set-parent FAIL            
1.67s   exit status 1