Subject: bug#58554: Bash functions with hyphen not showing up in speedbar

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 21:13:24 -0700

forcemerge 21477 58554
thanks

Heime via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text
editors" <[email-masked]> writes:

> Have seen there was a bug report about bash functions with hyphen not
            ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> showing up in speedbar. Many months have passed and would like a
> solution because I have some bash functions where it would be good for
> mo to use hyphen and be able to use the speedbar to access the
> function names.

(This is a duplicate of bug#21477, so I'm merging them.)

So why are you reporting it again?  I note that this is the same bug
that was previously reported as:

    Bug#52319 by fatiparty <at> tutanota.com
    Bug#52928 by tolugboji <at> protonmail.com
    Bug#54265 by angelomolina <at> tutanota.com
    Bug#56003 by carlmarcos <at> tutanota.com
    Bug#57255 by uzibalqa <uzibalqa <at> proton.me>

You don't get any points for reporting the same bug more than once, and
you especially don't get any for doing it under several different
pseudonyms.  It is very easy to see that all of these aliases are in
fact one and the same person.

Please stop reporting duplicate bug reports.  It is a waste of time and
energy.  It also makes it much more likely that your bug reports will
simply be ignored in the future.  Thanks in advance.