Subject: Re: bug#58554: Bash functions with hyphen not showing up in speedbar

From: Werner LEMBERG <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2022 06:15:27 +0000 (UTC)

>> Please stop reporting duplicate bug reports. It is a waste of time
>> and energy. It also makes it much more likely that your bug reports
>> will simply be ignored in the future. Thanks in advance.
> 
> Ignoring bug reports as act of spite.  Is this a new trend?

You are missing the point.  Saying 'ping' to a bug report is fully
valid – and even quite useful so that the Emacs maintainers know that
there is still interest in resolving the problem at hand.  Doing this
without referring to the original bug report number *creates a new*
report, which means more administrative work nobody really likes to
do, and which becomes annoying if this happens repeatedly.  And yes,
such annoyance eventually leads to ignoring a bug report, which
essentially means that the report's priority is set to a very low
value.

Please always bear in mind that maintaining Emacs is an unpaid job
done in spare time for fun.  Fixing bugs is especially unthankful, and
being annoyed reduces the fun factor enormously.

    Werner