Subject: bug#58548: 29.0.50; Invalid search bound error in python-shell-completion-at-point

From: kobarity <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 22:48:37 +0900

Hi,

Attempting completion when point is before the last prompt in the
Python Shell buffer causes an Invalid search bound error:

1. emacs -Q
2. M-x run-python
3. Make sure the prompt is displayed.
4. C-p (M-x previous-line)
5. TAB (M-x python-shell-completion-complete-or-indent)

Attached is a patch to fix this issue.  "No match" will be displayed
when completion is attempted and point is before the last prompt.

Best Regards,

--

In GNU Emacs 29.0.50 (build 7, x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, X toolkit, cairo
 version 1.16.0, Xaw scroll bars) of 2022-10-15 built on ubuntu
Repository revision: a06c54209499c3885c13a8d3eba7798ab3f0d688
Repository branch: master
System Description: Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS

Configured using:
 'configure --without-libgmp'

Configured features:
ACL CAIRO FREETYPE GIF GLIB GNUTLS GSETTINGS HARFBUZZ JPEG LIBSELINUX
LIBXML2 MODULES NOTIFY INOTIFY PDUMPER PNG SECCOMP SOUND SQLITE3 THREADS
TIFF TOOLKIT_SCROLL_BARS X11 XDBE XIM XPM LUCID ZLIB

Important settings:
  value of $LANG: en_US.UTF-8
  locale-coding-system: utf-8-unix

Major mode: Python

Minor modes in effect:
  tooltip-mode: t
  global-eldoc-mode: t
  eldoc-mode: t
  show-paren-mode: t
  electric-indent-mode: t
  mouse-wheel-mode: t
  tool-bar-mode: t
  menu-bar-mode: t
  file-name-shadow-mode: t
  global-font-lock-mode: t
  font-lock-mode: t
  blink-cursor-mode: t
  line-number-mode: t
  transient-mark-mode: t
  auto-composition-mode: t
  auto-encryption-mode: t
  auto-compression-mode: t

Load-path shadows:
None found.

Features:
(shadow sort mail-extr emacsbug message mailcap yank-media puny dired
dired-loaddefs rfc822 mml mml-sec password-cache epa derived epg rfc6068
epg-config gnus-util text-property-search time-date mm-decode mm-bodies
mm-encode mail-parse rfc2231 mailabbrev gmm-utils mailheader sendmail
rfc2047 rfc2045 ietf-drums mm-util mail-prsvr mail-utils vc-hg vc-git
diff-mode vc-bzr vc-src vc-sccs vc-svn vc-cvs vc-rcs log-view easy-mmode
pcvs-util vc vc-dispatcher python json subr-x map project comint
ansi-osc ring cl-loaddefs cl-lib ansi-color term/screen term/xterm xterm
byte-opt gv bytecomp byte-compile cconv rmc iso-transl tooltip eldoc
paren electric uniquify ediff-hook vc-hooks lisp-float-type elisp-mode
mwheel term/x-win x-win term/common-win x-dnd tool-bar dnd fontset image
regexp-opt fringe tabulated-list replace newcomment text-mode lisp-mode
prog-mode register page tab-bar menu-bar rfn-eshadow isearch easymenu
timer select scroll-bar mouse jit-lock font-lock syntax font-core
term/tty-colors frame minibuffer nadvice seq simple cl-generic
indonesian philippine cham georgian utf-8-lang misc-lang vietnamese
tibetan thai tai-viet lao korean japanese eucjp-ms cp51932 hebrew greek
romanian slovak czech european ethiopic indian cyrillic chinese
composite emoji-zwj charscript charprop case-table epa-hook
jka-cmpr-hook help abbrev obarray oclosure cl-preloaded button loaddefs
faces cus-face macroexp files window text-properties overlay sha1 md5
base64 format env code-pages mule custom widget keymap
hashtable-print-readable backquote threads inotify dynamic-setting
system-font-setting font-render-setting cairo x-toolkit x multi-tty
make-network-process emacs)

Memory information:
((conses 16 66940 7163)
 (symbols 48 8205 0)
 (strings 32 23930 1490)
 (string-bytes 1 694497)
 (vectors 16 13452)
 (vector-slots 8 155649 7354)
 (floats 8 31 357)
 (intervals 56 229 0)
 (buffers 1000 12))