Subject: bug#58530: closed (Re: [bug#58530])

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 19:58:04 +0000

Your bug report

#58530: [PATCH 0/4]: gnu: Add parfive

which was filed against the guix-patches package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58530: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58530
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: [bug#58530]
From: Christopher Baines <[email-masked]>
To: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2022 20:55:10 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]> writes:

> A gentle ping on status for these patches.
>
> I've stabilized build for SunPy, the astronomical project for data
> analysis for the Sun activity research which has parfive as a hard
> dependence.

Apologies for the delay, I've had a look now and they seem good to me.

I tweaked the commit messages, adding some fullstops in places (just to
match the general Guix convention) and pushed to master as
472917ea6c479b3546ffaea02f755ed9c6e8d46b.

Thanks,

Chris

Subject: [PATCH 0/4]: gnu: Add parfive
From: Sharlatan Hellseher <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 22:08:49 +0100
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Hi Guix team!

This parch series adds parfive - Python module and CLI command for
parallel download from HTTP and FTP. This project comes as part of
inputs to some of Astronomical package I'm working on right now and
useful by it's own.

One thing to mention, tests for aioftp and siosocks produces
depreciation warnings which may be solved by upgrading
python-pytest-asynio to 0.19.0 (I'm not dare to touch as it's part of
600+ inputs), see the issues:

- https://github.com/aio-libs/aioftp/issues/159
- https://github.com/pohmelie/siosocks/issues/7

> ./pre-inst-env guix build --rounds=2 python-siosocks python-aioftp python-pytest-socket parfive
/gnu/store/6kj27ljj8js9cn94kfzqn7ld1q5p7kql-parfive-2.0.1
/gnu/store/bzzzi0h42yqvb67x6d486gnwxxdpbrcr-python-pytest-socket-0.5.1
/gnu/store/iyh72cbvq4k6zcsyadpfp1y28nyz27wz-python-aioftp-0.21.4
/gnu/store/1vv1fipiv7vjc4g5akrx8rl2c1p8bz0v-python-siosocks-0.3.0

Sharlatan Hellseher (4):
  gnu: Add siosocks
  gnu: Add aioftp
  gnu: Add pytest-socket
  gnu: Add parfive

 gnu/packages/python-check.scm |  49 +++++++++++++++
 gnu/packages/python-web.scm   | 115 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 2 files changed, 164 insertions(+)

base-commit: cd0d27f30dc2274fbf8477f44275d9184521f044

-- 
… наш разум - превосходная объяснительная машина которая способна
найти смысл почти в чем угодно, истолковать любой феномен, но
совершенно не в состоянии принять мысль о непредсказуемости.