Subject: Re: bug#58526: bug report upgrading Guix from 1.0.1 to 1.3

From: zimoun <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 13:44:23 +0200

Hi,

On Fri, 14 Oct 2022 at 20:08, Timothée Flutre <[email-masked]> wrote:

> I have a computer with Ubuntu 22.04.1 LTS". Some time ago, I installed Guix
> to try it out, which I finally did not for various reasons. But hearing the
> talk of K. Hinsen last month convinced me of giving it another try.

Cool!

> I hence started by upgrading Guix, like this:
> sudo -i guix pull >& output_guix_pull.txt

Well, the guix-daemon is probably too old.  Maybe you need something
like [1]:

   sudo -i guix package --bootstrap -r guix -i \
     /gnu/store/n8vdar2f60mvq62g7mngpqwykbm9rw1q-guix-1.2.0rc2-1.0d4b1af

1: <https://yhetil.org/guix/[email-masked]>

> The whole report is attached in the file "output_guix_pull.txt".

Missing attachment.

Cheers,
simon