Subject: bug#5852: 23.1; Incorrect references in ses-mode

From: Stefan Kangas <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2023 04:36:03 -0800

Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]> writes:

> I am _very very_ glad to a announce that I have fixed bug#5852  ! I
> just pushed the fix to master now.
>
> Thank you again to Göran for the report, without which this would not
> have been impossible.

Thanks for fixing this old bug, and congratulations!

> @Stefan Kangas is there any record book for longest lived bugs, maybe
> I can get a prize for this 13 years old bug, unless Richard has left
> some bug form the 1970 or so version of Emacs :-P ?

No one is keeping track really, but it's not too hard to dig out some
information from git log (grep for "Bug#[0-9][0-9][0-9][0-9]?[^0-9])".

AFAICT, the current record holder is Mauro Aranda with his fix for
Bug#2807 back in October (or possibly his fix for Bug#997).

Our bug tracker only goes back to 2008 or so though, while some bugs
have been around for 30 or 40 years without being recorded there.  It's
harder to search for those fixes in the git logs, though.