Subject: bug#5852: 23.1; Incorrect references in ses-mode

From: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2021 23:02:16 +0200

Thank you for the feedback, I am afraid I will need to work again at
it, in order to create a systematic bug reporduction.

[...]

> > One more thing is the following : in SES the cursor-intangile property
> > is the symbol corresponding to the cell object (which under the hood
> > is a vector), not the cell object itself. This means that the property
> > has to change when there are row/column insertion / deletion, which
> > also inherently change the buffer, because of symbol relocation. I
> > think this might be some bad design choice, and pointing directly at
> > the cell object would have saved some troubles (and probably would
> > also create a bunch of other problems, so do not take my statement for
> > sure).
>
> Indeed, pointing directly at the cell's vector would probably be better
> (at least from the point of view of insertions/deletions but), but if
> so, each cell would probably need to contain its own name (or its
> coordinates).
>
>
>         Stefan
>
What you wrote confirms my gut feeling. I came to this conclusion as I
was thinking how to implement functions such as row transposition.

FYI, AFAIK, the cell already contains the corresponding symbol, and the
(row, col) coordinates can be derived from the symbol through the
ses-cell symbol property.
  V.