Subject: bug#5852: 23.1; Incorrect references in ses-mode

From: Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2021 23:46:34 +0200

Hello Lars,

Sorry for not making any feedback for so long, actually I was just
distracted by some other business, and I somewhat had forgotten about
it.

I suspect a race condition between the post command hook and the next
command. That is to say when one yanks the fomula (the first yank),
one relocates the reference but for this one uses current references
that have not yet been relocated because the previous post-command
hook execution is not yet over.

The bug does not show every time I do the experiment. I tried this
morning with my office PC which is a fast machine, and it proved out
quite hard to reproduce, even when I launched some big C program
compilation in parallel to eat the mips.

Next week I will do some experiment with my home PC which is quite
quite slower, and I make some feedback. Unfortunateless both machine
do not have the same emacs version, but anyway all changes in SES
since the version on my home PC are not related to this bug, so
nevertheless that will be a good indication whether my guess is
correct.

  V.

Le dim. 18 juil. 2021 à 15:37, Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]> a écrit :
>
> Vincent Belaïche <[email-masked]> writes:
>
> > I will investigate why and feed back once I have a better idea of what
> > is happening.
>
> Hi,
>
> this was a year ago.  Did you make any progress on this issue?
>
> --
> (domestic pets only, the antidote for overdose, milk.)
>    bloggy blog: http://lars.ingebrigtsen.no