Subject: Re: bug#58515: 29.0.50; [PATCH] Fix menu bar height

From: Po Lu <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2022 09:37:28 +0800

Manuel Giraud <[email-masked]> writes:

> Hi,
>
> This patch tries to fix height calculation for menu bar in X when not
> using a toolkit.  It is taking into account the fact that the menu bar
> face could be boxed.
>
> There are others issues left (i.e. not handled by this patch):
>
>       - a customization of the menu face does not trigger a redisplay,
>         so one has to deactivate/re-activate the menu bar in order to
>         update (I don't know how this is done for other faces)
>         
>       - with a boxed menu bar face, the box is not displayed correctly
>         on the right side of the bar

Thanks.  I think the latter two should be fixed first before installing
this; also, menu bar height computation is rather tricky in its
interaction with various window managers, so I'd wait until after the
Emacs 29 branch is cut.

Also, please move the changes to xterm.c to xfns.c.