Subject: bug#58509: 29.0.50; Synchronous nativecomp

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 15:11:04 +0300

> From: Lars Ingebrigtsen <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked],  [email-masked]
> Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2022 13:59:47 +0200
> 
> Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
> > Then maybe I'm misunderstanding the use case?  Didn't you say you
> > wanted to compile a bunch of Lisp files natively?
> 
> I said I wanted Emacs to native-compile stuff (almost as normal) when
> using --batch.
> 
> But perhaps it'd be helpful if you read the original report; I don't
> really have much to add to it, and I've just been repeating things
> already in it in these responses.

The original report said:

> I thought I'd open a bug report for something I mentioned elsewhere: It
> should be possible for --batch Emacsen to do native compilation.
[...]
> So I'd like to be able to say "emacs --batch --native-compile -l ..." or
> something along those lines.

So it seemed to me like being able to say

  emacs --batch -f batch-native-compile FILE...

is what you want?  If not, please tell what I missed in the original
report.