Subject: Re: bug#5848: 23.1.95; bands of background after font change if --with-x-toolkit=no

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 07 Apr 2010 19:25:29 +0900

>>>>> On Wed, 07 Apr 2010 12:03:58 +0200, Jan Djärv <[email-masked]> said:

> Ah, that explains why I didn't see it at the time I made my changes.
> I'll fix it by not using FRAME_LINE_TO_PIXEL_Y in
> FRAME_TEXT_LINES_TO_PIXEL_HEIGHT.

Thanks.

> I don't know if the OSX port uses this macros, but something is
> wrong there.  (set-frame-parameter nil 'internal-border-width 6)
> shifts the scrollbar outside the window (see screen shot).  A value
> of 10 will hide the scroll bar entirely.  Do you think that is a
> separate bug?

Yes.  The NS port seems to put some own interpretation on
internal-border-width as I pointed out in
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2009-07/msg00594.html .

The Mac port should behave just as in X11, even for fullscreen frames.
(Actually, I noticed the problem with FRAME_LINE_TO_PIXEL_Y when I was
testing fullscreen frames with large internal-border-width.  The
non-toolkit tool bars are used for such frames because the Cocoa tool
bars can't be used for title-bar-less windows on Mac
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2010-02/msg00066.html)

				     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
				[email-masked]