Subject: Re: bug#58459: Getting a fresh emacs session with no customisation

From: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 19:20:49 +0300

> Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2022 16:06:21 +0000
> From: uzibalqa <[email-masked]>
> Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked]
> 
> > And X resources are as much user settings as what the user sets on the
> > init files. So Emacs cannot but obey them. It is user's
> > responsibility to set up his/her settings according to his/her
> > preferences.
> 
> Untrue again.  Emacs obeys them because it decided to obey them.

No, Emacs obeys them because programs on X obey them.  And because
Emacs obeyed them since time immemoriam.

Any further argument is really futile, because we will not stop
supporting X resources.  It is your responsibility as the user to set
up the X resources on your system, or invoke Emacs in a way that
instructs Emacs to ignore those resources.

Please, just accept our position on this, even if you disagree,
because it will not change.