Subject: [bug#58454] [PATCH 1/1] gnu: home: Add home-dbus-service-type.

From: Andrew Tropin <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 14:37:36 +0400

On 2022-10-12 08:53, ( wrote:

> Hi Andrew,
>
> On Wed Oct 12, 2022 at 8:25 AM BST, Andrew Tropin wrote:
>> Sounds a little missleading as it doesn't control the verbosity of
>> logging, but the logging as a whole.
>>
>> Also, does logging to file work at all when --syslog-only option
>> provided?
>
> The system D-Bus service uses ``verbose?'' to turn on logging, and
> I wanted to keep it consistent.

> I'm not sure whether ``--syslog-only'' stops logging to the log file,
> but since system D-Bus uses the flag too, I assumed it doesn't.

Can you check it, please?

Also, I don't think that we want session dbus output in
/var/log/messages and probably we don't need this verbose? field at all
and always want to use log-file.

>
>> Do we want to extend environment-variables with
>> 
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
>> '(("DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" . "unix:path=$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/bus"))
>> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>>
>> ?
>
> Oh, I didn't know about that variable. I'll add that, one moment :)

Actually, it was a question :)  It shouldn't break anything and
hardcoding this variable should work in most cases, so I think we can
keep it for now.

>     -- (

-- 
Best regards,
Andrew Tropin