Subject: Re: [bug#58454] [PATCH 1/1] gnu: home: Add home-dbus-service-type.

From: "(" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 08:53:02 +0100

Hi Andrew,

On Wed Oct 12, 2022 at 8:25 AM BST, Andrew Tropin wrote:
> Sounds a little missleading as it doesn't control the verbosity of
> logging, but the logging as a whole.
>
> Also, does logging to file work at all when --syslog-only option
> provided?

The system D-Bus service uses ``verbose?'' to turn on logging, and
I wanted to keep it consistent. I'm not sure whether ``--syslog-only''
stops logging to the log file, but since system D-Bus uses the flag
too, I assumed it doesn't.

> Do we want to extend environment-variables with
> 
> --8<---------------cut here---------------start------------->8---
> '(("DBUS_SESSION_BUS_ADDRESS" . "unix:path=$XDG_RUNTIME_DIR/bus"))
> --8<---------------cut here---------------end--------------->8---
>
> ?

Oh, I didn't know about that variable. I'll add that, one moment :)

    -- (