Subject: bug#58434: closed (Re: bug#58434: Native compile results in error if -march and -mtune are specified)

From: [email-masked] (GNU bug Tracking System)
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:47:07 +0000

Your bug report

#58434: Native compile results in error if -march and -mtune are specified

which was filed against the emacs package, has been closed.

The explanation is attached below, along with your original report.
If you require more details, please reply to [email-masked].

-- 
58434: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=58434
GNU Bug Tracking System
Contact [email-masked] with problems

Subject: Re: bug#58434: Native compile results in error if -march and -mtune are specified
From: Andrea Corallo <[email-masked]>
To: Loreno Heer <[email-masked]>
Cc: Eli Zaretskii <[email-masked]>, [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2022 11:45:40 +0000
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

Loreno Heer <[email-masked]> writes:

> You are right, did not notice this is a gccjit issue. I filed a bug
> report with the gcc people. (might also be a packaging problem on mingw
> and debian, that I don't know)

Thanks, closing then.

  Andrea

Subject: Native compile results in error if -march and -mtune are specified
From: Loreno Heer <[email-masked]>
To: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2022 11:00:53 +0200
List-Id: <debbugs-submit.debbugs.gnu.org>

The latest compile of emacs (from git from yesterday night) (on both
linux and windows) gives the following error with native compile and
-march options specified:

libgccjit-0.dll: error: bad value 'native' for '-march=' switch
libgccjit-0.dll: note: valid arguments to '-march=' switch are: nocona
core2 nehalem corei7 westmere sandybridge corei7-avx ivybridge
core-avx-i haswell core-avx2 broadwell skylake skylake-avx512 cannonlake
icelake-client rocketlake icelake-server cascadelake tigerlake
cooperlake sapphirerapids alderlake bonnell atom silvermont slm goldmont
goldmont-plus tremont knl knm x86-64 x86-64-v2 x86-64-v3 x86-64-v4
eden-x2 nano nano-1000 nano-2000 nano-3000 nano-x2 eden-x4 nano-x4 k8
k8-sse3 opteron opteron-sse3 athlon64 athlon64-sse3 athlon-fx amdfam10
barcelona bdver1 bdver2 bdver3 bdver4 znver1 znver2 znver3 btver1 btver2
native