Subject: bug#58431: 29.0.50; [Eglot] Add "breadcrumb.el" feature based, on imenu.el/project.el services

From: João Távora <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2023 10:22:53 +0100

Adam Porter <[email-masked]> writes:

> For most modes, that's true.  For buffers using `magit-section-mode',
> the `topsy--magit-section' function does return a breadcrumbs-style
> list that shows the hierarchy of sections.  Also, my other package
> that's just for Org, org-sticky-header, does show a breadcrumbs-style
> list of ancestor headings.

I don't use Magit.  If its buffer support Imenu in any way, then
breadcrumb should do something.

>> Here's what I've come up with: it's fresh out of the oven :-)
>> (meaning probably buggy, but hopefully hot)
>
> Thanks.  I tried it, and I'm not sure if it's doing what you intend,
> but it doesn't seem to do what I need; that is, it doesn't show the
> beginning of the top-level form that encloses the line at the top of
> the window.

Its impossible for me to know what you are trying to do with it doing
with this description.  Is this in a file?  Can you show the file?  If
it's not a file, can you describe how I can test what you're testing?

João